Ramadan Updates (NEW):
- Isha Iqamah will be 9:55pm from Monday, July 21 inshaAllah.
- Zakat- Ul-Fitr is $5 / person of the household. Zakat-Ul-Fitr needs to be paid before the Eid Salah. Boxes for both Zakat-Ul-Fitr and Zakat-Ul-Maal are kept in the masjid. Please refer to the Zakat-Ul-Maal Calculator for basic guidance and consult the local scholars for any clarifications: 1) Zakat Calc (Excel) 2) Zakat Calc (PDF)
- Masjid Ul Haqq encourages brothers to make I'tikaf in the masjid in the last 10 days of Ramadan, starting the night of Friday, July 18 inshaAllah.
- Khatam Al-Quran and Dua will be done at Taraweeh on the night of Tuesday, July 22 inshaAllah.
- There have been complaints about noise from the neighbors. All are requested to lower the noise levels both inside the masjid and while entering / exiting the masjid.
- Please donate generously in this month of Ramadan (and every month). The masjids around you are a part of you and need your support and help. Goal for 2014-15 is $30,000 to cover yearly operational expenses for Masjid Ul Haqq. Individual suggested donation is $300/year (only $25/month for the house of Allah).
- Eid-Ul-Fitr date will be decided based on authentic moonsighting reports, and would thus be either on Monday, July 28 or Tuesday, July 29 inshaAllah. For latest updates, watch this space or refer to 1) MoonSighting.com 2) Hilal Sighting Committee of North America (HSCNA)
- All 5 daily prayers are held in congregation at the masjid at 228 N Ellsworth St, San Mateo (Jumah is held at the hall at 100 N Ellsworth St., San Mateo). For up-to-date Iqamah timings, please visit www.masjidulhaqq.org or download the yearly Iqamah schedule at http://masjidulhaqq.org/images/masjidulhaqq-iqamahschedule-2014.pdf or download the Iqamah Timings Free iPhone/iPad App localMosque (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/localmosque-free/id609447420?mt=8)
- Taraweeh (20 rakah) will be prayed daily after Isha inshaAllah. Iqamah for Isha is at 10:05pm currently inshaAllah.
- Street Parking is available. Kindly be courteous and not disturb/block the neighbors. (Please do not stand in the driveways after taraweeh and disturb the neighbors late at night)
- Remember to supplicate (make dua) for the entire ummah.
- During Ramadan, the back section of the mosque will be reserved for the Sisters. Sisters entrance will be from the front of the mosque. Brothers are requested to use the side entrance from the driveway.
May Allah accept our prayers, fasts, recitation, dhikr - Aameen
Narrated Abu Hurairah (ra), the Prophet (saws) said,
... whoever fasts during Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be
Masjid Ul Haqq
228 N Ellsworth St., San Mateo